I am just posting a few basic things to start off is all, for those who don't know what Wicca is or very little, or have misunderstandings about it. Again, I didn't write this myself.
• Witchcraft or Wicca is not a cult. We do not proclaim ourselves to be spokespersons for the divine or try to get others to follow as their leaders.
• We do not worship Satan or consort with Demons. Satan is a Christian creation. We do not need a paranoid creation of supreme evil and eternal damnation to scare us into doing the right thing and helping others.
• We do not sacrifice animals or humans because that would violate the basic tenant of "Harm None." One who does and claims to be a Wiccan or a Witch is lying.
• Wiccans have no need to steal or control the life force of another to achieve mystical or supernatural powers. They draw energy from within, and from personal relationships with the divine and nature.
• We do not use the forces of nature or the universe to hex or cast spells on others. Again, "Harm None" is the whole of the law.
Witches have a very strict belief in the Law of Three which states that whatever you send out into the world shall return three fold either good or bad. With this in mind, a "True Witch" would hesitate in doing magick to harm or manipulate another because that boomerang that is thrown will eventually come back much larger and harder than thrown.
This is not to say that Wiccans are perfect, we are human too just like everyone else and make mistakes and errors in judgment. Just as there are parents who love and nurture their children, there are parents who abuse their children. As there are many who devote their lives to giving and helping mankind, likewise there are those who devote their lives to taking advantage of and using people for their own gain. Unfortunately the same flaws in human nature apply to witches too.
Most Wiccans continually strive to consider all potential outcomes of their thoughts and actions pausing to seriously consider the consequences before undertaking a ritual, spell or rite that could go astray. It is when the path is followed with the love of the Goddess in heart, and it adheres to the basic tenant of the Reed that these works are beneficial and achieve harmony and balance with all things.
The heart of Wicca is not something summed up into a few short words and can often take on different meaning to each since the Lord and Lady touch everyone in different ways. Through the wisdom and words set down through the ages, you will find that you are able to understand the basis of these beliefs and how they may apply to you. Your inner voice will also quickly let you know if the intent of what you are reading is for superficial purposes to benefit self instead of working to benefit the whole. Remember to read with your heart, for it is when you see life and the world with your heart and spirit that you truly gain an understanding of what Wicca is.